Milbourn Equine Vets provide gold standard care and a compassionate service, building personal, trusting relationships with our clients. We have a large team of dedicated equine veterinary surgeons with a range of interests in various equine disciplines and we understand the importance of continuity of care to our clients.
We provide a wide range of services most of which can be performed at your yard or premises. Alternatively you can come to our clinic where ample parking is available.
- Visits & Examinations We offer a diverse range of options for any one of our veterinary team to examine your horse ranging from in clinic to discounted Zone Visits.
- Pre Purchase Vettings Our experienced team of equine vets regularly perform pre-purchase examinations throughout the South-East.
- Castration & Surgical Procedure Castration is a routine procedure most commonly performed in young colts in order to prevent unwanted breeding and aid management.
- Dentistry By undertaking regular examinations, severe, painful dental related problems can be minimised or prevented. Our vets are fully trained and experienced in providing all the dental care your horse needs.
- Endoscopy A flexible endoscope (camera) can be used in respiratory and gastrointestinal body systems to help aid in diagnosis. Gastroscopy, Dynamic Endoscopy.
- Worming Programme We offer a worming programme based on worm egg counts and individual advice in response to demand from clients .
- Lameness Investigation Lame horses are one of the most common presentations to us and a source of great frustration to their riders! We offer comprehensive lameness investigations to diagnose any issues.
- Stud Medicine We offer comprehensive packages for pregnancy scanning, preparation for natural cover, artificial insemination (fresh and frozen semen) and embryo transfer alongside full advice and care of your mare throughout pregnancy and post foaling.
- Internal Medicine Medicine cases are common requests for veterinary attention and include weight loss, respiratory disease, colic, anaemia, liver disease, skin and eye problems.
- Euthanasia Euthanasia is a difficult subject to consider, but our aim is to help support and provide dignified end of life care.
- Other Services Other Services include those listed below. Click here for more information. Winter Health Check, Local Authority & Riding School Inspections, Thermography.