We are fortunate to have several orthopaedic surgeons who visit to perform a wide range of orthopaedic procedures including arthroscopy(keyhole surgery). They are also available to provide their expertise in complex lameness cases and can provide opinions on X-rays and scans.
- Liz Barr BVMS PhD CertES Dip ECVS MRCVS - has an interest in surgery and arthroscopy and also second opinions on complicated lameness investigations.
- Dr David Platt BVSc PhD CertVR DEO FRCVS - is an RCVS recognised specialist in equine surgery.
- Matt Smith BVetMed Dipl. ECVS DEO MRCVS - has an interest in all areas of equine surgery, but with particular emphasis on orthopaedic surgery, and more specifically arthroscopy and fracture repair.
- Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC MRCVS
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Dr Safia Barakzai BVSc MSc DESTS Dipl. ECVS FRCVS - Soft Tissue Surgery specialist including airways and also performs overground endoscopy for diagnosis of ‘wind problems’.
- David Lloyd BVMS, CertES(Orth) DiplECVS MRCVS - European specialist in equine surgery and visits us to perform respiratory and other soft tissue surgeries as well as laser surgical procedures.
- Karen Casswell BSc BVSc CertVOpthal MRCVS - has a post graduate qualification in ophthalmology and visits us to examine any complex ocular cases.
- Dr Lesley Young BVSC PhD DipECEIM DVA DVC MRCVS - is an RCVS specialist in cardiology. Lesley has all portable equipment to assess all heart problems with horses.